Hello everyone! My name is Art Stellar, Ph. D. I am the founder of Stellar Advantage, Inc. My leadership is exhibited with the deft of an outstanding teacher, although I am an even better coach. When appropriate, I turn into the head cheerleader as well.
At Stellar Advantage, Inc. I have worked with federal and state programs to help superintendents, board members and other educators reduce equity gaps and improve students’ overall achievements.
I am a respected and competitive leader who concentrates on achieving exemplary results. I am assertive and decisive in relentless and purposeful action. I strive to exceed established and ambitious goals.
As a widely recognized and award winning superintendent for 25 years in urban, rural, and suburban districts; my credentials include:
- President of ASCD, Horace Mann League and N. American chapter of World Council for Curriculum and Instruction.
- Vice-President of New York state PTA.
- Vice-President of Renaissance Learning (software), National Education Foundation, and CyberLearning.
- President/CEO of High/Scope Educational Research Foundation (early childhood emphasis).
- Board Chair of National Dropout Prevention Center/Network at Clemson U.
- Board member Plato Learning, Docufide, and Teachers’ Support Network – all software companies, and Tau Kappa Epsilon Education Foundation.
- Trained in National Baldridge Quality Award criteria.
- Consultant for Cenergistic (energy management) and various for-profit and nonprofit organizations.
- Awarded Ohio University alumni Medal of Merit.
- Adjunct professor at Lesley University, Cambridge, Massachusetts teaching graduate courses in the fine arts and the principalship.
- Fifty-five protégés have become superintendents.
- Four-time Fulbright Scholar.
- Authored over 500 publications.